Saturday, May 23, 2009

Turning GREEN



I always liked vegetables and don't really mind if I eat them all day and all night. This year, I have decided to give up meat for good. It's been 5 months and I am surviving. When I crave for meat there are a lot of options; I can usually find alternatives such as tofu burgers, fish bacon among other things. Oh yes, I still eat fish. I guess I am what you call a pescetarian.

When you eat vegetables all the time the taste gets weird and "magsasawa ka". That's why a friend of mine said that I should look into Indian cuisine. So, one day, my husband and I went to this Indian restaurant in Makati and tried their Allo Mater. It's a mix of potatoes and green peas and indian gravy. I loved it.

To cut the story short, I checked out the web, kissed my husband for the spices he bought when he went to India and cooked my own Allo Mater. I gave some to my husband for his Indian boss to try and all I can say is that I got a lot of compliments about it.

The next time you come to my house. I'll serve you my yummy Allo Mater. :-)

No comments: