Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Para MaVISA...Basahin ng Magka-VISA!!

Went to the US Embassy today and had my interview. While I was waiting for my turn, I noticed that the consul at Window 8 was very grumpy. He was yelling and rejecting applicants from left to right. Looking back, I couldn't remember him approving anybody. Anyway, my number was 56 and, unfortunately, he wrapped up his interview with this other applicant far too quickly that I ended up at his booth!! *ARGH*.... I think I called on all the Gods and prayed to all the Saints not to be assigned to Window 8 but I had no choice.. I had to go through with this interview, my career is on the line!

I was calm (and I think sarcastic looking) when I approached his booth. Surprisingly, he was actually good looking (I was expecting him to be old, fat and ugly)! He had this paranoid look when he asked me questions. He even asked me about my hair(?!) Duh! As if he would say: "I'm sorry but I cannot grant you a visa as of this time due to your change in hairstyle." Duh!

Anyway, why am I ranting?!... I got approved. :-)

For those people who will have a visa interview at the US embassy, here are some tips for you guys:
1. Brush up on your english. If you don't understand the question of the consul, chances are the consul will be irritated especially when they have to repeat whatever they ask you.

2. Make sure you know all the information in your documents: names, addresses and dates. The consul usually asks specific questions and will try to keep you off guard.

3. Take a bath and use cologne. It doesn't hurt to smell nice, even if the consul is inside a booth and can't smell you. It's for the people who will be waiting in line with you. Have the courtesy to...well...smell...confident(?!)

4. Wear comfortable clothes. You will be standing most of the time. You don't want to have varicose veins when you leave the embassy.

5. Make sure you have a good book. You may have to leave all your electronics in your car and will end up doing nothing while waiting for your number to be called. So, it will be easier if you have a book to keep you company.

6. Last, but not the least, try to read all the instructions on the board. This will help you have a smooth, fast and convenient process. They made posters of directions and the processes because they want you to read them. So, READ THEM! They're not wall decor.

To all of you, take care and have a blessed day.

No comments: